nếu bạn nghĩ rằng rim chưa thật sự nghiêm túc về việc xây dựng những công cụ tốt nhất dành cho các nhà phát triển để giúp họ tạo ra các trò chơi và các ứng dụng trên nền tảng blackberry thì bạn đã nhầm, rim luôn muốn đưa mọi thứ tốt đẹp nhất mà họ có đến với người dùng nhưng vấn đề chỉ là thời gian.

hôm nay, đội ngũ lập trình của rim trong đó có sean paul taylor & steve grenier đã công bố một bản cập nhật mới cho nền tảng mã nguồn mở để phát triển các ứng dụng trò chơi, nó được thiết kế cho các nhà phát triển độc lập và có tên gọi là gameplay. phiên bản 1.2 đã sẵn sàng để tải về và mang theo một vài tính năng bổ sung cũng như tuơng thích với hầu hết các nền tảng khác.

bạn có thể vào https://github.com/blackberry/gameplay để lấy source và tham khảo.

tại trang bog của nhóm phát triển này paul taylor đã viết

i’m sean paul taylor, team lead for gaming r&d here at research in motion® (rim®). we’re very excited to announce the latest release of our open-source, cross-platform c++ game development framework – gameplay.

the gameplay project is contributed to and hosted on github.com by the two co-founders of the project, myself and steve grenier. we are focused on ensuring that the blackberry® 10 game development platform is at the top of its game and steve and i, along with a team of top-notch graphics and game developers here at rim, will be diligently contributing to the framework and sharing with the community.

my vision and goal with gameplay is to contribute and share outwardly our expert knowledge of advanced graphics and game technologies. not only has my team been busy porting all the leading open-source game technologies for blackberry, but we have been having a ton of fun too!

in the past, i have worked on previous research projects using advanced rendering technologies like deferred shading, post processing and scene graph rendering. we see a roadmap where the mobile and pc/console gaming worlds converge and we are working hard to take blackberry gaming to the front of the lines.

the gameplay project is a contribution that is directly targeting the indie game developer ecosystem. we realize developers want to easily target as many platforms as they can to monetize and we want to help you do this… if you are familiar with other popular open-source 2d game engines like cocos2d-x and now want a high-quality 3d solution, then gameplay might be exactly what you are looking for!

new features in gameplay v1.2

• newplatforms now supporting: blackberry tablet os 2.0 and blackberry 10 ready!, apple ios 5.1 for iphone and ipad, google
  • android 2.3+, microsoft windows 7, and apple macosx
  • new shader-based material system with built-in common shader library.
  • new declarative scene binding.
  • new declarative particle system.
  • improved physics system with rigid body dynamics and constraints.
  • new character physics and ghost objects.
  • improved animation system supporting animated skeletal character animation.
  • new declarative user interface system with support for declartive theming and ortho, and 3d form definition with built-in core control classes such as button, label, textbox, slider, checkbox, radiobutton. also includes layout classes such as absolute/vertical and flowlayout.
  • new cross-platform new game project wizard scripts.
  • new game developer guide.
  • new game samples and tutorials.
gameplay cho phép các nhà phát triển xây dựng một nền tảng trong tâm trí. các nền tảng chơi game là hoàn toàn mã nguồn mở và có sẵn thông qua cộng đồng trực tuyến github, cho phép các nhà phát triển sử dụng mã nguồn mở là tài sản trong trò chơi của họ để xây dựng môi trường 3d đầy sống động.

dự kiến sẽ tích hợp thêm các tích năng mới cũng như địa hình và các thiết bị điều khiển.

the ‘next’ feature branch for v1.3, v1.4, v1.5
  • optimizations and performance improvements
  • shadow
  • terrain and sky
  • gamepad input for wii, xbox 360 and bluetooth® hid controllers
  • scoreloop social integration
  • editor
để có được đầy đủ chi tiết thông tin vui lòng vào insideblackberry blog hoặc các trang blackberry github development page.

nguồn http://crackberry.com & http://devblog.blackberry.com

View more random threads: